This is the privacy notice of Simon Cookson T/A Craven Counselling In this document, “my”, “me”, or “I” refer to Simon Cookson T/A Craven Counselling.
- This is a notice to inform you of my policy about all information that I record about you. It sets out the conditions under which I may process any information that I collect from you, or that you provide to me. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on.
- I take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all visitors to my website or contact made by telephone are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to me.
- My policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires me to tell you about your rights and my obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. I do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through my website or by any telephone call you make to me.
The bases on which I process information about you
The law requires me to determine under which of six defined bases I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the bases for each category.
If a bases on which I process your personal information is no longer relevant then I shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the bases changes then if required by law I shall notify you of the change and of any new bases under which I have determined that I can continue to process your information.
1: Information I process because I have a contractual obligation with you
When you buy a product or service from me, or otherwise agree to my terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and I.
In order to carry out my obligations under that contract I must process the information you give me. Some of this information may be personal information.
I may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with my services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using my website
I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
I shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2: Information I process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse my website or ask me to provide you with more information about my business, including my products and services, you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send me a message by e-mail or telephone to which you would reasonably expect me to reply with information regarding my products and services.
If you have given me explicit permission to do so, I may pass your name, contact information and any other information that you give me about your circumstances and health to any of the other Therapists at Craven Clinic Ltd. that together we have agreed to share the information with in regards to obtaining their services or products that you would find useful. This can be by email, telephone or personally.
I continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3: Information I process because I have a legal obligation
I am subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, I must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request for my tax purposes e.g. access to my appointments diaries.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to me
4: Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
I will only ever share your personal or other information with a third party as Point 2 above; the third party being a therapist or member of staff that works here at Craven Clinic Ltd.
I do not share any information either personal or other with anyone outside of Craven Clinic Ltd.
5: Complaints regarding content on my website
If you complain about any of the content on my website, I shall investigate your complaint.
If I feel it is justified or if I believe the law requires me to do so, I shall remove the content while I investigate.
You can raise an issue either by telephone: 07740 436371 or by email: email@example.com
6: Information relating to your method of payment
At the point of payment by credit/debit card, in the Clinic you pay via PayPal Here. No payment details are kept on my website or servers. All payment data is fully secure, safe and processed through PayPal who is fully PCI compliant.
Use of information I collect through automated systems when you visit my website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
For further information on cookies please visit the following third party website:
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Access to your own information
8: Access to your personal information
- Information I hold of yours will be on email between you and me, when you either enquire about my services or communicate with me whilst a client.
- I will also hold some limited information e.g. name in my diary which is used by me to organise my working day re appointment times.
- More detailed personal information is included on my Counselling Agreement which is signed by you at the start of our Counselling relationship and this is kept separate from the health and session information that I may record about you which is numbered and not named.
- Any enquiry in relation to any of this information can be requested by either telephone: 07740 436371 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9: Editing/Removal of your information
If you wish me to edit or remove personally identifiable information that Craven Counselling hold then please make contact either by telephone: 07740 436371 or email: email@example.com and I will look into your request and liaise with you.
10: Verification of your information
When I receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information I shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
11: How you can complain
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how I deal with your complaint and/or your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office; this can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
12: Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, I keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities
- to support a claim or defence in court